Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

Fall is finally here! While anything pumpkin is a favorite fall food of mine [insert white girl joke here], I also love sweet potatoes!  My grandfather, Pop, is one of the greatest gardeners I know and last time I went home, he gave me 15 home-grown potatoes that I had no clue what to do with. After multiple trials and errors, I have come up with the perfect sweet potato fry recipe. It is quick, easy and a great snack or side item for all your fall festivities! 


Sweet Potato Fries


Prep time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 25-30 minutes

Serves 2 per potato

Ingredients: 

1 sweet potato (for each additional potato, double recipe) 
olive oil
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika 

Directions: 

1.) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
2.) Wash potato, cut off ends, and slice with a large knife into medium "fry-like" wedges- don't slice too thick or it will not cook all the way through. You can peel the skin off if you prefer but I like to leave mine on.
3.) Spread out wedges on baking sheet and drizzle the wedges with olive oil. Make sure you cover both sides of wedge with oil but they don't need to be drowning. 
4.) Mix dry ingredients and sprinkle evenly on both sides of the wedges.
5.) Bake for 15 minutes, then remove wedges and flip them to their other side. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your fries. 

Get some catsup (or if you want to get real crazy, some marshmallow fluff), serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment